Change forum username - RESOLVED

Hey all -

How do I change my forum username? For whatever reason it based itself off my email address.

Thanks!

Just click on your avatar at the top right of the screen and then select the cog (Preferences). From there you can alter all of your profile details :slight_smile:

Hey- sorry for my late reply.

I looked there initially, however I don’t see any such options. For reference, this is what I see:

Hmm that’s very strange, “username” has a little edit icon for me, perhaps that’s just because I’m an admin. In which case would you like to PM me with the new name you would like to use and I can look to see if I can change it for you (and look into how people can edit it themselves)

Same issue here, there is no edit icon for username or anything except the picture. Using firefox 69.0.2 (64-bit).
Edit: Tried on mobile (Chrome), same result.

I just checked the forum settings and logged in as an unprivileged user to confirm that everyone should be able to change their username.

Go to https://forum.syrinscape.com/u/{YOUR_CURRENT_USERNAME}/preferences/account and from there you should see a little pencil icon next to your existing username:

Negative. The pencil icon is missing.
There is a pencil icon next to the profile picture, but that’s the only one on that page.

I’ve confirmed that changes to the username is not possible more than 3 days after creating an account. If anyone would like to change their username, please email support@syrinscape.com and we can make the change for you.