Cannot launch creator; ConnectFail Timeout/DisconnectedByHost - FIXED

When I launch creator I get “ConnectFail Timeout” in the little status window within about… 5 seconds. Then it endlessly loops between “Connecting” and “DisconnectedByHost.”

I’m assuming this means server down or the like? Using 0.8.1-20161212.

Hi @JadedDragoon,

Server is good.

BTW The Creator only depends on our servers for log in.

Huh strange, I get that message and when i try to connect in the browser it doesn’t respond at all… no site.

There a log file I could look at somewhere?

Any message on the Player?

There is a ‘server’, which is the 3rd component of the Application. (It runs locally and does the database and transcoding and all that.

Might it not be starting for some reason? (broken sample) (blocked by virus checker or malware protection)?

Player opens without issue or complaint.

There is a log file.

Here:
C:\Users[YOURUSENAME]\AppData\Local\Syrinscape\Syrinscape SoundSet Creator

It’s called “server”

You might have to set:
enable_server_logging = true
in the config file

playing a game with friends atm, will be done in ~20 minutes. I’ll check it then.

1 Like

Coolies.

Definitely check out the:
A broken sample is stopping Syrinscape from starting

Here:

Here’s a screenshot to help explain. Changed “enable_server_logging =” to true and restarted the creator. No log entries. Also don’t have a creator icon in the system tray (seems like that was a thing last time I used it).

I’ll try the sample issue workaround next.

Out of curiosity, the local-server component… what’s the filename for it’s executable? Wanted to look for it in the process list. (BTW, I’m a professional computer tech so I can dig into the technical stuff)

Looked through the DB, none of the rows in soundsets_sample are lacking a transcoded_audio_file entry

Mysterious…

If there’s no tray icon then it looks like the server component is not running at all. Interesting.

I’ll have a root around for the process name. :smile:

Ok so I seem to have solved the problem but I’m having a hard time seeing how the cause relates to the effect.

I re-downloaded the creator installer and run an on-top install (didn’t uninstall first). Once I did that the problem was resolved. And now that I think about it I had to do this once before.

As you said, it’s somewhat mysterious.

btw the server process appears to be “Syrinscape SoundSet Creator.exe” while the status window applet thingy is “player.exe”

Maybe you’re needing admin privileges to run it?

So , right click on the shortcut and select:
“Run as administrator”?

…maybe? :hatching_chick:

hmm, I duno. I shouldn’t. I made a point not to install it to Program Files specifically to avoid that scenario. Installed it to D:\Apps\Installed\Syrinscape\ instead. But I dunno what it’s accessing and all.

Next time this problem happens I’ll try that.

Nope, running it as admin doesn’t prevent the problem. Reinstalling only seems to fix the problem every few times I do it.

Is it possible to have too many samples? I downloaded a lot of sound sets to build a library of various elements I could start from…

At what point do you have to reinstall to get it going again?
Have you checked if the problem occurs on different browsers?
You’re absolutely positiv that it isn’t any security measure interfering?
How much are a lot of soundsets you have installed in the creator?